Actonel With Calcium Side Effects
Serious Actonel With Calcium Side EffectsSome side effects of Actonel With Calcium, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Throat pain, chest pain, or difficulty swallowing (which may be signs of ulcers of the esophagus)
- Severe heartburn or heartburn that does not go away
- Severe bone, muscle, or joint pain
- Jaw or tooth problems
- Kidney stones
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
How to Minimize Actonel With Calcium Side Effects on the EsophagusIn order to reduce the chances of developing serious esophageal-related side effects, you should follow the prescribed directions on how to take Actonel With Calcium. For example:
- The Actonel tablets (the orange tablets) should be taken on an empty stomach and with a full glass of water first thing in the morning.
- Swallow the Actonel tablets whole. Do not suck or chew on them.
- For at least 30 minutes after taking the Actonel tablets, it is important to:
- Remain in an upright position (sitting up or standing). In fact, you should remain upright until you have had something to eat.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to eat or drink. This includes mineral water, sparkling water, coffee, tea, milk, or juice. Plain water is okay.
- Avoid taking any other oral medicine, including calcium supplements.
Final Thoughts on Actonel With Calcium Side Effects
You may experience some or none of the Actonel With Calcium side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Actonel With Calcium, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.