How Should It Be Stored?The tablets should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep Actonel and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?If you forget to take your dose, refer to the following information:
- If you take Actonel monthly -- For the 75 mg strength, if you forget to take both tablets, take one tablet as soon as you remember (in the morning) and take the second tablet the next morning. If you only forgot one tablet (or for the 150 mg strength), take it as soon as you remember (in the morning). Then continue with your regular Actonel schedule. However, if it is almost time for your next month's doses (within one week), simply skip the missed dose(s) and continue with your regular schedule. In other words, do not take more than two tablets in the same week.
- If you take Actonel weekly -- Take your missed dose as soon as you remember (in the morning) and continue with your regular schedule. However, do not take two tablets on the same day.
- If you take Actonel daily -- Just skip your missed dose. Do not take a double dose, and do not take Actonel after the morning.
In any case, you should not take two doses of Actonel on the same day.
- Actonel 5 mg tablets (taken daily)
- Actonel 30 mg tablets (taken daily for Paget's disease)
- Actonel 35 mg tablets (taken weekly)
- Actonel 150 mg tablets (taken monthly).