Atelvia Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Atelvia side effects, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Throat pain, chest pain, or difficulty swallowing, which may be signs of ulcers of the esophagus
- Severe heartburn or heartburn that does not go away
- Severe bone, muscle, or joint pain
- Jaw or tooth problems
- Groin or thigh pain, as these might be symptoms of a rare type of broken bone that has been reported with medications like Atelvia
- Signs or symptoms of low blood calcium (hypocalcemia), such as:
- Muscle spasms, twitches, or cramps
- Numb or tingling fingers, toes, or mouth
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Atelvia or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.