When and How to Take It
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Binosto include the following:
- This medication comes as a tablet that is dissolved in water to form a liquid solution. The liquid solution is swallowed, usually once a week.
- The tablets should only be dissolved in plain, room-temperature water. Do not use cold, flavored, or mineral water.
- Do not drink Binosto immediately after placing the tablet in water. Instead, wait at least five minutes after the bubbling stops, stir the liquid for ten seconds, and then drink it.
- Binosto tablets must be dissolved in water. Do not swallow, chew, or suck on them.
- Take Binosto first thing after you get up in the morning, at least 30 minutes before you eat, drink (you can drink water), or take other medications. Do not take the medication at bedtime or before arising for the day.
- This medication must be taken on an empty stomach. Food, beverages, and other medicines can interact with Binosto and prevent the drug from being completely absorbed into the body.
- Swallow the liquid while sitting or standing upright. Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking it and until you have eaten something. This is important to prevent the medicine from irritating your esophagus.
- Make sure you get enough calcium and vitamin D in addition to Binosto, either through your diet or with supplements.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you know exactly how to take Binosto and that you follow the instructions closely. Taking it incorrectly can prevent the drug from working properly, and may be dangerous.
There is only one standard recommended dose for this medication, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Binosto Dosage for more information.)