Osteoporosis Home > Actonel
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Actonel if you:
- Have low blood calcium (hypocalcemia)
- Cannot sit or stand for 30 minutes
- Have kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Have difficulty swallowing or other problems with your esophagus
- Have any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Actonel and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Actonel and Breastfeeding)
- Planning to have a dental procedure.
What If I Take an Overdose of Actonel?People who take too much of the medication may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Upset stomach
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Low levels of calcium or phosphate in the blood.