Osteoporosis Home > Miacalcin Nasal Spray Dosage
The recommended Miacalcin nasal spray dosage for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women is one spray once a day, alternating nostrils each day. You should also take at least 1000 mg of calcium and 400 IU of vitamin D daily to help ensure drug's effectiveness. Try to take your Miacalcin nasal spray dose at the same time each day.
There is only one recommended dose of Miacalcin® nasal spray (calcitonin salmon nasal spray), regardless of your age, weight, or other medical conditions. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Miacalcin Nasal Spray Dosage for OsteoporosisThe recommended dose of Miacalcin nasal spray for osteoporosis treatment in postmenopausal women is 200 IU (one spray) once daily. You should alternate nostrils so that you do not use the same nostril two days in a row.
You must take calcium and vitamin D in order for Miacalcin nasal spray to work. You should take at least 1000 mg of calcium each day (this is best taken as 500 mg twice daily) and 400 IU of vitamin D each day, unless your healthcare provider recommends otherwise.
Considerations for people taking Miacalcin nasal spray include the following:
- The medication comes as a nasal spray. It is usually taken once a day as one spray, alternating nostrils each time.
- You can take Miacalcin nasal spray with or without food.
- You can take Miacalcin nasal spray at any time of the day, but it is a good idea to take it at the same time each day.
- The first time you use each bottle of Miacalcin nasal spray, you will need to prime the pump by spraying until a fine mist appears.
- You do not need to try to inhale the medication. It is absorbed into the body from the nasal tissues. Also, you do not need to tip your head back.
- Once you assemble a bottle of Miacalcin nasal spray, it must be stored in the upright position, not on its side.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Miacalcin nasal spray will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Miacalcin nasal spray or your Miacalcin nasal spray dosage, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.