Osteoporosis Home > Miacalcin Nasal Spray
- The medication comes as a nasal spray. It is usually taken once a day as one spray, alternating nostrils each day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- You can take it at any time of the day, but it is a good idea to take it at the same time each day.
- The first time you use each bottle of Miacalcin nasal spray, you will need to prime the pump by spraying until a fine mist appears.
- You do not need to try to inhale the medication. It is absorbed into the body from the nasal tissues. Also, you do not need to tip your head back.
- Once you assemble a bottle of Miacalcin nasal spray, it must be stored in the upright position, not on its side.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.