Reclast for Paget's Disease
- Treating Paget's disease of the bone
- Preventing and treating osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Treating osteoporosis in men.
This medication comes in the form of an injection. When treating Paget's disease, your healthcare provider will give Reclast as a single dose. In some situations, retreatment may be recommended; however, this type of use has not been studied.
Not everyone with Paget's disease will need to be treated with a bisphosphonate. Reclast is recommended for those who:
- Have very high alkaline phosphatase levels (a measure of how severe the disease is)
- Have symptoms of Paget's disease
- Are at risk for future complications of Paget's disease.
(To learn more about treating Paget's disease with this product, including specific symptoms it can improve, click Reclast Uses.)